On June 1919 American Pesident Wilson had sent an American Team, the King- Crane Commission for six weeks from June to July so as to study the situation of the People of what should become Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine.
The Commission stated otherwise, although it "began their study of Zionism with minds predisposed in it favor, but actual facts in Palestine, coupled with force of the general pinciples proclaimed by Allies and accepted by the Syrians have driven them into recommendation here made" (King-Crane Commission, Final Report of King-Crane Commission, Foreign Relations of the Unted States 1919, vol 12, p.792
Some of the recommandations state that:
- The Balfour Delcaration "favoring the establishement in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish People, is not equivalent to making Palestine into a Jewish state" (Same quotation, same page)
- Such a Jewish state could create "the gravist trespass upon the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine" (Same quotation, same page)
- The Commission asserted that it "came out repeatedly...that the Zionists looked forward to a practically complete dispossession of the present non- Jewish inhabitants of Palestine, by various forms of purchase" (Same quotation, same page)
- "To subject a people so minded to unlimited Jewish immigration, and to steady financial and social pressure to surrender the land, would be a gross violation of the principle (stated by President Wilson on July 4th, 1918) and of the people' right, though it be kept within the forms of law" (Same quotation page 793)
*** The Wilson declaration July 4th, 1918 states that "The settlement of every question, whether of territory, of sovereignty, of economic arrangement, or of political relationship, (should be) upon the basis of the free acceptance of that settlement by the people concerned and not upon the basis of the material interest or advantage of any other nation or people which may desire a different settlement for the sake of its own exterior influence or mastery" (Herbert Hoover, Ordeal of Woodrow Wilson, p.25
- The Commission added "There is a further consideration that cannot justly be ignored, if the world is to look forward to Palestine becoming a definitly Jewsih state..That consideration grows out of the fact that Palestine is the Holy Land for Jews, Christians and Moslems alike" (Final Report of the King- Crane Commission, Foreign Relations of the united States 1919, vol.12, p.794
- The Commission stated that: "Jewish immigration should be definitely limited and... the project for making Palestine distinctly a Jewish commonwealth should be given up..." (Same quotation p. 795)
- They have said that if the program would be carried out wars are expected: "no Brithish officer, consulted by the Commission, beleived that the Zionist program could be carried out except by force of arms" ( Same quotation p. 794)
What did really happened?
1) President Wilson under Zionist pressure could not even respect his own principles. (See America and the founding of Israel, by John W. Mulhall, Csp. p. 73-81)
2) The US governement kept the Commission's recommendations secret until 1922 (Same quotation)
3) President Wilson was ill and coul do nothing to work for Justice(Same quotation) 4- The Zionist contiued their program to take over Palestine (Same quotation)
- "Both the British and the American leaders has gone too far in their support of Zionist aspiration to back down. With the burial of the King-Crane report, a major obstacle in the Zionist path disappeared" (Melvin I Urofsky, American Zionism from Herzel to the Holocaust, p.237. Urofsky is an historian of Zionism and very sympathetic with it.
- "Most Zionists did not take the more than half million Arabs who lived there seriously. The Americans were as guilty of this as anyone else, and in the general celebrating over the Balfour Declaration, made only passing reference to the non-Jews in Plaestine glibly predicting future cooperation between Arab and Jew" (Same quotation p.232)
SOME QUESTIONS REMAIN!
- Do you see with us that the same mistakes, of about 90 years ago, are repeated TODAY? Do you see with us that we are living the same situation of the PAST?
Fr. John W. Mullhall, (Catholic Priest) author of "America and the Founding of Israel, An investigation of the Morality of American Role" have said in his book:
"It was year-in-year-out American diplomacy and billions in American loans and/or outright grants voted for annually by Americans' representatives in Congress that were sustaining the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It was American-made bombers, paid for, at least in part, by American Taxpayers, that were pulverizing Beirut, apartment houses and burying their occupants under the rubble. Rightly or wrongly, willingly or not, EVERY AMERICAN citizen, simply by his or her citizenship, was and is involved in the conflict..." (the Introduction of the book).