(Christian Peacemaker Team) December 25, 2015 – As settlers from Kiryat Arba made their way to worship, Israeli soldiers stopped, ID checked, and body searched Palestinian men of all ages, including this young man with his horse. Before being allowed to proceed, the Palestinians were ordered to stand at a distance while groups of settlers passed. This young man was also told to walk with his horse rather than riding it.
About Posts on Al-Bushra
We seek to keep you updated on movement in terms of truth and justice in the Middle East in general with a particular eye on Palestine.
Posts offer the perspective of leaders and experts in the religious, NGO, and human rights communities, and they also provide narratives of people and observers in the Middle East.
Articles are posted for information purposes; they do not necessarily reflect the perspective of Al-Bushra.
- Solemn Feast of Saint Joseph in the Latin Parish of Shefaamer
- Catholic Delegation for Cooperation 50 Years in the Holy Land
- Unprecedented ecumenical ceremony marks inauguration of restored Edicule of the Tomb of Christ
- Israel’s Apartheid Elephant Is Still in the Room
- Fanaticism and Interpretation of the Texts
- Text of Resignation Letter By ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- Another UN Report
- Catholic Ordinaries of the Holy Land meet in Bethlehem
- Freedom Walk 2017
- Post Vatican and Al-Azhar Symposium, what is the role of the faithful in interreligious dialogue?
- Archaeologists discover a treasure-laden shipwreck from the Crusades
- Bishop Pizzaballa’s pastoral visit to Cyprus: “Jerusalem is the symbol of our unity”
- An “invisible” Catholic organization celebrates 90 years of humanitarian work
- Urgent! Help protect Palestinian shepherds! Thursday at the Jordan Valley with Taayush
- Iraqi refugees put pieces of their lives back together in ‘City of Mosaics’
- Perhaps the Messiah Will Come
- Book on conditions of Christians in region launched
- Swiss Guards Make Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
- WCC gravely concerned over Israel’s travel ban
- A festive crowd in Bethlehem welcomed the victory of the young Christian Yacoub Shaheen
- Basil of Al-Walaja: RIP
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns: Viability or Demise of the “Two-state Solution”
- Christian Peacemaker Team: Discrimination
- Father Dave, with a debrief on his last Syria trip
- Uri Avnery: The Cannons of Napoleon
- Memorable experience of Equestrian Order members who served in the Holy Land
- Former Vatican ambassador: Border walls reflect inhumane indifference
- Cardinal Mahony and Archbishop Tomasi visit Our Lady of Peace Center
- Apostolic Administrator: “We have this treasure in earthen vessels”
- About a hundred children receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in Nazareth